Organic & Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 Cup Steve & Andy’s Organic Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 Tbsp Organic Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup Organic Butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 Cup Cold Organic Shortening
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1/4 tsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine Steve and Andy’s Organic Gluten Free flour blend, sugar, xanthan gum and salt, in a bowl. Cut in butter and shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg, cold water and apple cider vinegar in another bowl; beat with a fork until mixed. Add egg mixture to Steve and Andy’s Organic Gluten Free Flour blend mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Shape pastry into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap in a plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- Remove from refrigerator; let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Unwrap pastry; place onto parchment paper lightly floured with Steve & Andy’s Organic Gluten Free Flour blend. Lightly flour pastry with Steve & Andy’s Organic Gluten Free Flour; top with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll out pastry into 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Pressing firmly against bottom and sides, and sealing any cracks as necessary. Crimp or flute edge.
- Fill and bake as directed in pie recipe.